Tuesday, 12 April 2016

#WritersLife Tag

So, I may or may not be wracked with guilt every time I let my poor blog slide for three months, but that doesn't seem to be enough to overcome my debilitating laziness. Hashtag thestruggle, yeah?

. . . Now I'm thinking about the word "struggle," and how after a while it stops sounding like a word describing hardship, and just sounds goofy. Muggle. Puggle. Snuggle. Struggle?

ANYWAY, I promise there was a reason I showed up. Once upon a time, Ashley from [insert title here] tagged me in a thing. Thanks, gurl! :D Although, I don't even want to THINK about how long ago that was. We should just get started, quickly, before I fall off the edge of the world again. o.0

~*~*~*~*~*~

Write Fuel: What do you eat/drink while writing?
-Tea is my general fuel for daily life. Tea makes everything better! ^.^

Write Sounds: What do you listen to while writing?
-99 times out of 100, I don't listen to anything. Too distracting. And even though I have lyric-less soundtracks I could listen to, sorting through them all and deciding which music would be good for which scene just takes up too much time.

Write Vices: What is your most debilitating distraction?
-Myself?

Writer Horror: What is the worst thing that's ever happened to you while writing?
-I feel like, once, I lost a good chunk of writing due to forgetting to save, or a computer malfunction, or something. But I'm not sure? It would have been quite a while ago.

Write Joy: What's the best thing that's ever happened to you while writing, or how do you celebrate small victories?
-Best writing thing I ever did was probably. . . finish the 100 for 100 challenge from Go Teen Writers once, a couple years ago. Felt good to finish that. It's no Nano, but y'know. X) And I usually celebrate with a huge sigh of relief whenever I accomplish something.

Write Crew: Who do you communicate with or not communicate with while writing?
-Sunny is really the only one I let see my work while I'm writing. I don't know why, but I don't really like to open up about the book or it's characters that much. But if I talk to anyone about my book, it'll probably be Sunny.

Write Secret: What is your writing secret to success or hidden flaw?
-My *cough* HIDDEN flaw is that I'm too easily distracted, too easily bored, and too much of a perfectionist to allow myself to reach the end of a story. I seem to have a habit of holding myself to too high a standard, and so when my first drafts are ugly (as first drafts are prone to be), I get frustrated and give up on them. Also I'm just straight-up lazy. Writing is hard work!

Write-spiration: What always makes you productive?
-Haha well, if I knew a sure-fire way to make myself feel inspired and productive, maybe I'd be able to push past the flaws listed above. X) Bu-u-ut . . . getting new stuff always makes me feel productive. In general, I mean. I'll clean my room to make space for the new stuff, I'll do things I need to catch up on, etc. Maybe I could push that inspiration in a writerly direction? And sometimes reading really good writing advice can inspire me to write. Bright and sunny days can also inspire me to be productive!

Write Peeve: What is one thing that writers do (or you do) that's annoying?
-I seem to complain a lot, without actually doing anything to fix my own problems. I bet that's annoying. XD

Write Words: Share one sentence from a project past or present.
-So I was going through some old stories, looking for a good sentence to post, and I just, I JUST, I JUST--!! I want to cry. And laugh. And throw up in my mouth a little bit. They are so much worse than I remember.

All except one, that is. Because we always knew it was ridiculous. In fact, we wrote it that way.
Are you ready for snippets from the book with 14 main characters, 4 bad guys, names that aren't actually names, and a death in every chapter? The unfinished, co-authored masterpiece about a cursed treasure hunt, chock full of inside jokes, with totally out-of-place romance, mood swings, and ACTUAL insanity?
Are you ready for The Book?
No? Too bad, here it is:


~I know why. Jiggly thought. But he said nothing. They'd find out soon enough. The morons. He laughed evilly to himself. Then Miggy walked over.
"Hey Jiggly." he said, "Why are you laughing evilly?"
"SILENCE, YOU IMBICILE!!" Jiggly bellowed, then slunk creepily away, his legs bent in a position that was alarmingly difficult to stand in, much less slink in.
Miggy stood there, dumbfounded, for a moment, then applauded Jiggly's amazing leg strength. "GIVE IT UP FOR THE SLINKY!" he shouted.
  Everyone else hollered and cheered and applauded, though they had no idea what he was talking about. ~


~"NO-O-O-O-O-O!" Piggy cried, and it pretty much shook the whole earth. Everyone fell over, and by the time they got back up, Figgy was gone, and so was the jolly old man.~


~"Hey!" Jiggly called after him, but the waiter didn't turn back. "I'm not tipping!" Jiggly yelled toward the retreating form.
"Be quiet and eat your squirrel gum!" Ziggy ordered, pushing Jiggly's platter towards him.~


~Piggly stood up and, with an exuberant smile, burped up a bucket load of confetti. "Beat that!" He dared the group.~


~"I look away for ONE SECOND and then I BURN THE SALMON!" he tossed some utensils in the air and wailed. "AAAAAHHHHH!! My precious salmon!!" He then proceeded to have an undignified fit upon the ground.~


~Just then, the sweet, sweet smell of bacon ceased. Confused, they all raised their voices in outrage, creating the sound of uproar.
  Just as a riot was about to break out, The Invisible Accented Man's loud voice rang out over the crowd.
  "Have no fear! It was all an illusion! That smell was our new scented candle, Bacon Up Your Nose, available in all Co-ops now!"~


~Right then Piggy let out a loud belch and promptly imploded.
 Ziggy sighed as he walked over to Piggy's collapsed body. "Not another one."
   A sneer curled Jiggly's lip as he walked over to Piggy and nudged the body with the toe of his shiny Italian shoe. "He's dead,” he announced, because obviously you can feel for a pulse in someone's back with your foot.~

~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, yes, that was way, wayyyy more than one sentence. But I was having so much fun looking through that story, I just couldn't stop. XD

Well, there you have it. Another post by me. And it wasn't even hard! I guess I waited so long because apfff? *various perplexed shrugs and dismissive noises*

Here's hoping the next post will come sooner than three months! :D


10 comments:

  1. RACHEL! Missed you! Worry not about leaving this tag for so long -- Ashley tagged me for it at the same time, but I've still not done it! Soon, soon. (Fairly soon, anyway.)

    TEA IS LIFE. And I relate so hard to your music one! I really do not understand people who write to music, but most people do? Hoowww??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EMILY! Aw, thank you! ^.^ And haha, well, it's good to know I'm not alone in my struggle. XD

      Delete
  2. Yay! Your back, you have been missed. Ashley tagged me for this as well and I still haven't done it, opps.

    Those snippets are hilarious sounds like a fun story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Skye! :D

      LOL it is/was a very fun story! Too bad we never finished it, but then, it's hard to finish a story with 3 authors and no plot. XD

      Delete
  3. Always happy to see another post over here!

    OMG YOU SHARED THE BOOK!!!!! I was dying and then cringing with embarrassment, haha.

    You too are one of the only people I communicate with when writing. The feeling is mutual:)

    Keep up the funny posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Of the 7 snippets I posted, I think you wrote 5 of them! XD I love it.

      Awww, thanks!! <3 ^.^

      Hehe kk, I'll try. XD

      Delete
  4. *shrieks* YOU ARE BACK! I am so happy. :) I was thinking the other day too. "I miss Rachel and reading her blog."

    "because obviously you can feel for a pulse in someone's back with your foot." XD I love your book. It sounds so hilarious!

    Writing is such hard work. We should get paid more. . .

    I think I ought to go soon and do some tags also. They've been on backfile since November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW, THANKS ASHELY!!! ^.^ <3

      LOL that's one of my favorite lines!! XD Haha we are endlessly amused by our little writing escapade. We'll reach it on my Book List eventually! ;D

      Haha I know aaallll about backfiling posts, no judgement here. XD

      Delete
  5. THE BOOK. I always forget about that thing... except not actually; I just never go through and read it whoops. Great post, btw! Of course tea is your fuel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BOOK! That masterpiece of our not-quite childhood... XD Hahaha I love it. X) Thanks! And YOU KNOW. XD

      Delete